Why join AIGCC?
AIGCC offers a number of opportunities and benefits for investors active in the region on managing climate change related risks and opportunities, including but not limited to:
- A conduit of information from investor peers within and from outside the region on climate risks and opportunities
- The only investor focused climate group covering the Asia region
- Connection with the Global Investor Coalition forum as a gateway for information flow between Asia and global investors on climate
- Being a key driver of solutions to climate risks and opportunities in the Asia region
- Provide a trusted peer to peer network via participation in the AIGCC Working Group
Members of the AIGCC will be asked to nominate a representative from their organisation. Representatives are encouraged to meet at in person and at regional events, meetings and calls, in order to:
- Share their relevant experience and/or insight with the group and assist in identifying future focus areas of relevance to investors in the region
- Provide the Asia investor perspective to regional and international initiatives and fora
Terms of Commitment
There are currently no fees to join AIGCC if organisations are a member of one of The Global Investor Coalition on Climate Change (GIC) network groups which are: Investor Group on Climate Change (IGCC- Australia & New Zealand), Institutional Investor Group on Climate Change (IIGCC – Europe), Ceres Investor Network on Climate Risk and Sustainability (North America). This assists in supporting the development of the AIGCC, while delivering multi-regional benefits to members.
If you are not sure of your current membership status or would like to make an inquiry, please check with the member networks.
Members are also asked to consider supporting via project sponsorship, in-kind assistance, event hosting, support or assistance.
In the near future, members will be consulted on introducing membership fees.
How to become an AIGCC member
Membership of AIGCC is open to investors at all stages of the climate integration journey. The AIGCC forum exists to facilitate conversations between investors and broader financial market participants to increase their understanding of current trends on climate change integration and participate in the transition to a new, low carbon economy.